A woman suffered burns and smoke inhalation from a fire at her apartment at the corner of Calles Diego Ramírez and San Julián at about 8:15pm on Monday. Another three people also required treatment for smoke inhalation.
The whole building had to be evacuated and some of the residents were not allowed to return home that night because of the damage to the building, especially on the third floor, according to Fire Brigade sources. The flat where it started was completely incinerated.
Every unit from the Torrevieja fire station was sent to tackle the blaze, as well as fire fighters from Almoradí and Orihuela.