Orihuela Costa catering businesses can register too until October 6th The rules for catering businesses to take part in the next Orihuela – History of the Mediterranean Tapas and Gin & Tonic Route, which will be from October 28th to November 1st, have just been published. Councillor Sofia Álvarez said the purpose is “to attract potential clients and consolidate Orihuela’s cuisine in the tourism sector”. “We want Orihuela to be a meeting point for lovers of gourmet and traditional food and for our city to be a point of reference.” This year the event will have its own application, ‘Rutappa’, with all the information for visitors and tourists to access. The event is open to all catering establishments in the municipality of Orihuela and the rules can be consulted on the Town Hall Tourism website at http://www.orihuelaturistica.es/orihuela/web_php/index.php?contenido=esdev&idEsdev=99 Registration has to be completed in the Town Hall Registro Municipal, located in the PROP building (Calle López Pozas, Orihuela) from Wednesday, September 28th until October 6th. The councillor encouraged all businesses “to join in this fourth edition and show us their best dishes for these gastronomic days that are already a date not to be missed on our calendar”. Prizes The particpants can enter to win prizes in five different categories: Gourmet Tapa, Traditional Tapa, Sweet Tapa, Most Voted Tapa on Social Networks, and Most Voted Gin & Tonic Establishment on...Read More
Day: September 27, 2016
Exhibition of classic designs from parades over the years The Tourism Office in Pilar de la Horadada is holding an exhibition of miniature models of some of the floats that fiesta clubs have created for the grand parade through the streets in years gone by. The models are made of paper, plasticine, cork, EVA rubber and recycled materials. They recreate some of the floats that have paraded in the fiestas between 1957 and 2014. Councillors Pilar María Samper and Alfonso Armenteros, visited the exhibition with the artist who made the models, Gerónimo Blanco “They have been chosen arbitrarily to capture the essence of the parades in these years,” said the artist. “It is an honour to contribute to the fiestas so that they can be known beyond our borders.” “These parades are the flagship of the fiestas and I hope that all the locals and everyone who visits will like them.” Lastly he referred to the little bits of creative licence he took to try and make the floats as real oas possible, and explained that he took an average of three hours to make each one, whenever his work and family have enabled him...Read More
Live role playing game for 800 people will terrorize the town There will be another ‘zombie holocaust’ in Torrevieja this October 31st to coincide with Halloween, this time in the district of Torrelamata. Councillor Alejandro Blanco said they had wanted to hold it in La Mata last year but could not in the end for technical and safety reasons. This time the game will unfold in different settings around the district. “It is a live role playing game that submerges the participants in an unrepeatable experience, in a bleak atmosphere where they have to complete a variety of trials to continue and in this way survice the whole night surrounded by zombies.” Another new feature this year is that there will also be activities during the day for which they will try to include different age groups. This time it is a company from Torrevieja that is in charge of setting up this new episode, for which they hope about 800 people will participate. The game has been planned with a new formula, explained the spokesman for Creative Live Experience, Horacio Zon. He said it will be “a much more real and dynamic experience” where the decisions made determine the progress of the story, and the participants will decide “how the story is written and what is the end”. Zon also thanked those local associations that are helping to...Read More
Two other defendants acquitted because time limitation had expired Explosives discovered by the National Police in Torrevieja in 2009 The Alicante Provincial Courthouse has condemned a man to a year in prison for trying to sell explosives stolen from a quarry in Cox. There were 17.5 kilos of Goma-2 stolen in 2002 and he tried to sell them in 2009. The trial last week ended with an agreement between the prosecutor and the defence. The only person convicted, Borja Manuel B.P. pleaded guilty to possession of explosives and accepted 12 months in prison after his sentence was reduced for having collaborated with Justice. Two women were also on trial but they acquitted in the end because the time limit for prosecuting their offence had expired. The Prosecutor had at first been asking for the accused to be given 12 years in prison (http://www.costadaily.com/torrevieja/9775-three-face-prison-for-hiding-explosives-in-torrevieja). They were all arrested in March 2009 as part of Operation Palmera, when the National Police Specialised and Violent Crime Unit (UDEV) found out that two couples from Torrevieja had contacted a gang of criminals from eastern Europe who were interested in getting dynamite to attack armoured vans, banks and jewellery...Read More
There are no upcoming events at this time.