Quironsalud private hospital will check men from age 45, or 40 if they have a family history The Quironsalud Hospital in Torrevieja has set up a free campaign to diagnose prostate cancer early to mark the world day for this condition, which is on September 15th. They will perform free tests of Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) and a consultation with a urologist. This is available by appointment for any men aged over 45 or over 40 if they have a family history of this condition. PSA is measured in a simple blood test so the specialist can check the level of this protein synthesised by the prostate, which increases when there is a tumour. PSA also levels increase with age, from a normal level of 2.5 to 4.5 from the age of 60 and so on. There is little awareness of the risk of prostate cancer and symptoms are rare until the advanced stages, but it can be cured if detected in time, according to Dr Sven Petry from the Torrevieja Quironsalud Hospital. The symptoms generally are an obstruction to urine coming out, a weak flow, not feeling like you have finished properly, having problems holding it in or needing to strain to get it out. The tests will be carried out from September 12th-16th between 8am and 10am, and appointments can be made by calling 966 92 57 61,...Read More
Day: September 10, 2016
- Editorial 29 June, 2018
- Lynn 27 June, 2018
- Suzanne Stokes 23 June, 2018
- Little Red Riding Hood – The Crazy Version!
- Free Youth Camp for Torrevieja teenagers
- CD Torrevieja Edu Signed to Boost the Team’s Attack
- Mind Your Language!
- I Pilar Homage to Veteran Band Members
- Guardamar Moors and Christians Fiestas
- Biker rally in Bigastro on Sunday
- Safe zone at Guardamar fiestas to protect against any sexual assaults
- Town Hall to rescind Orihuela Costa Municipal Sports Centre contract
- Hippy Market at San Pedro